Monday, August 21, 2006

book list

I've been tagged by Jen at Chosen Rebel's blog. It's funny. I don't mind receiving things like this occasionally, but whenever I receive something saying that I have to forward it to five friends, I almost always don't. Oh heck! Why not give it a whirl...

1. One book that changed your life: Living By the Book by Howard G. Hendricks and William D. Hendricks 2. One book that you've read more than once: Bedwetters, Embrace Your Destiny by I.P. Knightly

My Home Under the Bleachers by Seymour Butts

No, wait…seriously: Stone Soup by Ann McGovern 3. One book you'd want on a desert island: The Dummies Guide For People Stranded on a Deserted Island by Chuck Noland 4. One book that made you laugh: Why I Am Not a Calvinist by Jerry L. Walls and Joseph R. Dongell (If one seriously studies Calvinism, to the point of writing a book about it, and yet remains Arminian, I have to laugh; I cannot respect his position.) 5. One book that made you cry: Cyrano de Bergerac by Edmond Rostand

6. One book that you wish had been written: I wish I could find an assortment of gospel tracts or booklets that were written from a clearly Reformed perspective. Especially something that doesn’t suggest that God loves you (and everyone else) unconditionally, and has a wonderful plan for your life. And also, as part of this series, that Revelation 3:20 is not used out of context.

7. One book that you wish had never been written: The Origin of the Species by Charles Darwin 8. The books you are currently reading: The Suburban Christian by Al Hsu, Knowing God by J.I. Packer, Genesis Record: A Scientific and Devotional Commentary on the Book of Beginnings by Henry M. Morris

9. One book you've been meaning to read: The Brother’s Keeper by Tracy Groot 10. Now tag five people: No; I've changed my mind. I just can't do it.

1 comment:

Craver Vii said...

I wonder if anyone "got" my Chuck Noland joke on the desert island book.