Tuesday, September 26, 2006

sunset in Asia

To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David.

The heavens declare the glory of God; And the firmament shows His handiwork. Day unto day utters speech, And night unto night reveals knowledge. There is no speech nor language Where their voice is not heard. Their line has gone out through all the earth, And their words to the end of the world. In them He has set a tabernacle for the sun, Which is like a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, And rejoices like a strong man to run its race. Its rising is from one end of heaven, And its circuit to the other end; And there is nothing hidden from its heat.

Psalm 19:1-6 (NKJV)

6 comments:

Even So... said...

This is all mixed up in IE, can't make out the verses...

Craver Vii said...

I tried to get away with using a font that isn't on the list. I think that's what made it illegible. Let's try it with Times Roman Italic.

Good thing I wasn't talking about the perspicuity of Scripture.

Even So... said...

Still can't see it, but the perspicuity thing cracked me up...:o)

Mojo said...

Love the Blog...just came upon it by accident...greetings from N. Ireland!
Will call again soon

Craver Vii said...

Northern Ireland? Yes of course, I should have known by the accent. ;-) Welcome, mojo!

And now to deciper the cryptic code...
(To be read with increasing speed, and try not to pause until the end of the paragraph.)
Here's what I meant to do. My Sunday school class (4th & 5th graders) is memorizing Psalm 29:1-6, and I was still gushing over the meaning of these words, when a friend from China sent a picture of their sunset that reminded me of the Psalm. I have dear friends who live in Japan, which is very close to China, and that makes me remember the reasoning of the genius in The Princess Bride and especially when Inigo wonders, "I wonder if they're using the same wind we're using." ...which is perfectly natural, since I wonder if they're seeing the same sunset!!
(Breathe deeply.)
ANYWAY, I picked a beautiful font for the Psalm that I wanted to share with you, but I guess Blogger or Mozilla didn't recognize it, 'cause it did not appear the same to you as it did to me. I tried to fix it, but it doesn't seem to work right, even after switching fonts.
No even so..., I am not in the fourth grade, I'm the same age as you; I teach that class!

Aspirin. I had a bottle of aspirin here, did anyone see it?

Even So... said...

I can see, I can see!!!