Tuesday, April 10, 2007

thunked

Hey, lookee what I got!!

.

Congratulations, you won a ! Should you choose to participate, please make sure you pass this list of rules to the blogs you are tagging. I thought it would be appropriate to include them with the meme. The participation rules are simple:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think, 2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme, 3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog).

.

.

Jenn, thank you for the award! I suggest readers visit her site to see who else got one.

.

Awards. Pretty, shiny things. They’re not essential or eternal, but very nice. I admit it made me smile, and I’m deeply grateful to Jenn for the honor.

.

As I wondered how to make my five selections, I decided to narrow the options by carefully considering those whom I have known for a while who post regularly, consistently keep me on my toes, and who’s admirable intellect is not eclipsed by a lack of grace (mean streak). Plus, I tried to avoid choosing people who already won this award.

.

1) Bluecollar is actually a team of folks (Bluecollar, Shiloh Guy, Gayla Baptist Girl, Gojira and Jazzycat) who desire to point people to Jesus through His Word. I already believe basically the same things they do, but they will try to be fair and decent if disagreed with. I’m glad it’s a group, because a few of these individuals deserve the award, and I can only give a total of five.

.

2) Even So… is a gentleman blogger I must read every day. He is not my pastor, per se, but I still love finding a front row pew under his e-pulpit.

3) Making people laugh is not always easy. It is a wonderful talent that helps us manage the thoughts of our complicated lives and frame them in a humorous perspective. Martin Stickland is a twisted, twisted Brit who will make you laugh out loud and shoot your tea or coffee out your nostrils.

.

4) The Suburban Christian is one of the best read, most fluid minds I have ever met. He will challenge you to apply your theology to your geography.

.

5) Until now, I have purposely listed gents (although Bluecollar has a couple of ladies). It’s easy to find talented women in the blogosphere, but if I had only women in the sidebar, it would be creepy. Still, I cannot exclude women from this selection, because there has been a lot of brilliant exchange of ideas and encouragement from certain women. I think she might have been mentioned already (on April 2nd), but the most gifted blogger I know of is LL Barkat. She uses art to make you start thinking, and then the comment thread is also filled with edifying contributors.

.

Thanks for how you each make me think! Dear reader, if you have not paid a visit to these award recipients yet, go ahead and check them out. You’re in for a real treat!

.

Um Martin, you better tidy up… company’s coming.

24 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats, Craver....and I have to agree, LL is pretty cool!

(my word verification is "zipam"-sounds like an old Batman move...BAM...WHAP...ZIPAM....)

Jennwith2ns said...

Don't you just love word verification?

Craver--you're welcome! You deserve it. I wanted to pick LL, too, but she had been nominated by the person who nominated me, so I thought maybe that was bad form. Still, this is now once removed, so I'm glad she got it again.

Every Square Inch said...

Craver

Congratulations! Very well deserved.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you Craver! And thank you for the nod to Bluecollar. :)

Even So... said...

Thank you, now tell me, how do I get one of those into my sidebar?

don't ask me to think about it

mark pierson said...

Thank you!!

I don't know how to attach this to my blog, plus my email just died......

Martin Stickland said...

'Twisted Brit" hey, I like it, it's kind of catchy LOL!

Oh dear Craver, of all the posts to send some of your good people to it happed to be 'The honey pot'! My wife did warn me!!!

Hope you are well!

Bye for now mate!

Anonymous said...

Even So, I can get it into your sidebar if you need help. Let me know at my blog if you need me...

L.L. Barkat said...

Craver, what high words from a peanut-butter wielding fellow blogger. I'm going to take it as a great compliment and make you swear off the pb forever as a signal of your honor.

Now, there's something to think about. :)

(thanks, btw, I do appreciate that you included me!)

Craver Vii said...

I'm trying to be a diligent worker and only comment on breaks, but LL forced my hand... swear off peanut butter?? Death first.

Okay, I'm going back to work now...

L.L. Barkat said...

Ha! [many smiles over here]

Perhaps I should be more specific... swear off wielding peanut butter as a tool of mischievous malfeance. There. Now you can eat your pb and keep your honor too.

Llama Momma said...

Too bad there are no prizes for "most references to baby poop and barf" -- surely I would win that one! ;-)

Craver Vii said...

Hmmm... a prize for "most references to baby poop and barf?" Ladies and gentlemen, the first ever "stinking blogger award" goes to...

Even So... I'll attempt to display the award in the sidebar later. But now it seems I'm hungering for the next great thing... I speak of course, of the "stinking blogger award." If only there were a cool graphic for it. (sigh)

Speaking of which... Martin, they'll be back to see some of your other posts. You are a riot, Pal.

Anonymous said...

Craver, a skunk would be the obvious choice of graphic.

LL, don't trust Craver with the PB, I'm sure he'll be back...

Pete Juvinall said...

I think we ought to create a 'blogs that encourage' award - your's would be on it for me Craver...

Al Hsu said...

Thanks for the kudos, Craver! I appreciate it. I feel like I don't quite live up to your praise, but I'll keep trying.

Craver Vii said...

Eve, I was looking at skunk images last night, but I don't have the skills to create the graphic. (Maybe I better not, since it has the potential to be used to hurt someone's feelings.)

Pete, thanks! That was really nice. An encourager award is a great idea to pass around. Daniel created one that looks really good. Check it out.

Al, it's not just me. Some of my coworkers talk you up, too. I have never said anything to her, but Mrs. Hsu is a wonderful person as well!. Blessings, Friend.

Anonymous said...

congrats!

so what the mrs. think?

Craver Vii said...

Well Anonymous, she's probably not going to be amused, impressed or interested, really. She doesn't usually read the blog and I haven't told her yet. She is more concerned (and rightly so) with dinner conversation.

Martin Stickland said...

Gosh! Thanks for the praise my friend, I will get the script writers working over time now!

Have a good night!

m

Martin Stickland said...

Hey Craver, someone just sent me this youtube link to watch but I am not sure who they are!

You may have to copy it and paste it in to your browser

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MDlMdu2gjw

Quite a haunting voice, is it a religious song?

M

spaghettipie said...

Congratulations. I am glad to see I had correctly organized you in my sidebar on my blog. :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the new "Stinkin' Blog Award", Craver *laughing* Too funny!

Craver Vii said...

Martin, I didn’t listen to the whole song. I don’t want to make fun, but I’ll just say I haven’t heard anything quite like that at my church.

Spaghettipie, maybe it was your sidebar that planted the seed… Thanks for your kindness.