Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Cuckoo's gift

I was tagged by Cuckoo. She asks: What Does Blogging Mean to Me!

.

Rules of this tag:

.

1. Name the person with link who tagged you.

2. Complete the questionnaire without changing the questions.

3. Tag 6 or more people.

.

I was tagged by Cuckoo.

.

Q1. Are you happy/ satisfied with your blog, with its content and look? Yes, I’m happy with Blogger. The look and content represent me well. I like the very clean, uncomplicated template that allows for a light, quick read. To me, Blogger feels more honest, and even less hormone dependent (if that makes sense) than other media.

.

Q2. Does your family know about your blog? I find it surprising that some of the people I am physically closest to, don’t have the least interest in being a part of it. My wife has been looking into it more frequently, though, and I really appreciate that.

.

Q3. Do you feel embarrassed to let your friends know about your blog or you just consider it as a private thing? Wha…? If it was meant to be private, there are ways to do that. Leaving comments all over creation says I’m a social bugger and privacy is not my biggest concern. The more, the merrier!

.

Q4. Did blogs cause positive changes in your thoughts? Absolutely. For example, I am more careful to avoid making fun of people. Playful teasing may be fine in some cases, but I try not to bash people whose ideologies clash with mine.

.

Q5. Do you only open the blogs of those who comment on your blog or you love to go and discover more by yourself? Due to time constraints, my commenters definitely get priority, but I occasionally enjoy burrowing into the sidebars.

.

Q6. What does visitors counter mean to you? Do you care about putting it in your blog? Did you ever say something out loud at a gathering, only to find out no one was paying attention? I use the site meter just to know that someone was listening, but I do not post the numbers and try not to let the stats rule over my content.

.

Q7. Did you try to imagine your fellow bloggers and give them real pictures? I use a real photo of myself, and although I wish I knew what everybody looked like, I respect their privacy, and even enjoy the mystery of knowing a mind, but not a face.

.

Q8. Do you think there is a real benefit for blogging? Many! Expanding your horizons, learning from people, receiving a blessing as well as being a blessing.

.

Q9. Do you think that bloggers’ society is isolated from real world or interacts with events? It definitely has the potential do either. I try to use the blog to interact with head and heart issues rather than use it for regurgitating news highlights. Others, like David are best at turning those stories into good coffee table conversation.

.

Q10. Does criticism annoy you or do you feel it’s a normal thing? I try not to take myself too seriously; taking criticism is a tricky thing. The ego that is never shaken is quite possibly out of control, but an ego can certainly be too fragile if criticism is always received negatively. I like to think that I am somewhere in the middle… sometimes apprehensive, but usually bouncing back quickly in a healthy way.

.

Q11. Do you fear some political blogs and avoid them? I generally avoid them. There is simply not enough time to be a part of every special interest group. Even the ones that I agree with.

.

Q12. Did you get shocked by the arrest of some bloggers? Some bloggers certainly ought to get arrested, but I wouldn’t mention any names… Martin! (Just kidding.) I have not heard about this arrest, but I believe we should be held accountable for our words. Does anybody have more details on this?

.

Q13. Did you think about what will happen to your blog after you die? After I die, all my writings will be taken totally out of context. People will start reading it backwards and supposedly find messages there. The readership may even multiply to like, a couple dozen readers and sadly, I would have missed it all. There is a lump forming in my throat right now. Next question.

.

Q14. What do you like to hear? What’s the song you might like to put a link to, in your blog? Nothing at all. I like music and have perfect hearing, but it’s a form of distraction. I never turn the sound on when I use the computer. When hovering through the blogosphere, I am exclusively in visual mode.

.

Who shall I tag now? People, I won't be offended if you don't play, but rules are rules, so I'm tagging: Sandman, Oz Lady, 23 Degrees, Halfmom, Llama in Need, Taliesin and Pete

.

Image by: Paintfloats

30 comments:

Cuckoo said...

Oh Craver,

I am so happy that you did this tag. Happy to know more of you & your views on blogging world. Your answers are quite interesting. :)

Thank you very much.

Craver Vii said...

Glad you liked it, Cuckoo; I had to be creative, since you took all my original answers. ;-)
It was fun!

mm said...

Hey Vic,
just amazed and curious about your blog. You always have things to write about. How do you do that? God bless you with your efforts. Greetings to the fam for us,

Craver Vii said...

Yo Przemislaw! How cool of you to drop by... Yakshemash! Dude, I THOUGHT I recognized your dot on the site meter map!

We miss you guys. Has Jen made snickerdoodles in Africa? And if so, they taste any different there?

Oh, um... we don't ever use that name here. It is "Craver," okay? I had to dab Liquid Paper on my monitor right away to prevent anybody else from seeing my real name... which we NEVER use here.

Llama Momma said...

I thought only blondes did that liquid paper trick? (I can make this joke because I am blonde. Sort of.)

Taliesin said...

Thanks for the tag (even if I haven't posted in a while). I posted my responses, though all the good answers were already taken.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Llama Momma you'll be blonde tomorrow!
D.

spaghettipie said...

Fun to read your answers and interesting to think about the questions. . .and let me know if you find something out about the arrest thing - I'm curious to know!

Mary said...

I'm here.

Laura said...

Hello Craver and friends,

I did enjoy reading your answers; you are always creative and thoughtful. I have also enjoyed seeing Mrs. Craver in blogdom.

Anonymous said...

Good answers! Thought I should comment, since I do read your blog occasionally! I know that I like it when my readers comment...

take care and God bless...

Angela

david mcmahon said...

G'day Craver and Cuckoo,

Wonderful work. Craver, you are an eloquent fella.

Take care

David

Ted M. Gossard said...

I thought I commented on this earlier, but I did not.

You're a nice combination of humor in all seriousness or serious humor, what I mean is humor and being serious. My unnatural attempt at it!

Shammickite said...

Q 13 is a little strange. What will happen to my blog when I die? Well, I suppose it will hover in cyber space for a bit, perhaps it will be read by a few surviving bloggers, supposing of course that the internet still exists by then (assuming I will reach old age which actually isn't that far off when I consider it), and then when some mad megalomaniac takes over the world... well, who knows... I certainly don't.

Craver Vii said...

LM. My sister-in-law used to tell the kids that she was a natural blonde because "that's what it says on the box."

I think you were the first one to respond, Tal. Do you think this some kind of "race?" Heh-heh.

Thanks for dropping in, D. I knew it was you. The accent gave it away. ;-)

You know, Spaghettipie, Tal linked to something that could be the reason for the original question. It was of a political nature, so my guess is that Tal's right.

Craver Vii said...

I see that hand. That was an attempt at Baptist humor, Mrrr; how'm I doin'? Nice picture. I've always loved that hair, kiddo.

We haven't talked in some time, Laura. Yeah, How's it going?
I was just thinking about your husband on the drive to work this morning. Would you say hi for me?

It is an honor to know that you visit, Angela, and a double honor when you leave a comment. Blessings, Friend.

Craver Vii said...

G'day, David! Hold on there... did you just say I'm an "elephant fella?"

And you have a way of being a super encourager, Ted M. Gossard. I have decided that the "M" is for Marvelous!

Ex-Shammy, can your "Who knows" also be translated as, "who cares?" If so, we may be on the same page. For instance, when I die, I don't care if they bury me in my jammies, or dump me off a cliff. When my life expires, this body will only be an empty shell, anyway.

Craver Vii said...

Hmmm... Noboby said anything about backward messages...

Unknown said...

iiv revarc...hmmm... nothing there. Let's try the next line....

Sorry I haven't been by lately. I've just started home school, been trying to fill out my grant application, and squeezing out a few words on my manuscript here and there.

That and with the deputation....

Well, it's good to be back, even if not as frequently.

Ted M. Gossard said...

Craver, You're just too generous. Or really it's our Lord's generosity pouring out on, over and through each of us in him.

I like "Michael" which is what the M stands for, though thanks. Ted Gossards I'm becoming aware of so decided to add that.

L.L. Barkat said...

Awww... don't be sad about what will happen to your blog. You know that many upright, sensitive, and intelligent people will hijack... uh, I mean shepherd it for you in your absence.

Unknown said...

Heheehe!

Every Square Inch said...

Are there hidden messages if we read your posts backwards? What might it say?

Halfmom, AKA, Susan said...

You're welcome - I actually like playing games - actually, I like having fun - for a serious minded nerd and all......

Inihtar said...

Nice answers. . . just wondering about No. 2. Does it bother you that the people you're closest to in real life "don't have the least interest in being part of it?"

Martin Stickland said...

Another one given homework to do!

Have a great weekend Craver!

Mary said...

I tried entering in the backwards message but it didn't go through! :(

Anyway, it says:

"The sound of music I hear to like best is listening to my playful wife being happy."

Though it seems you meant to say "like to hear" rather than "hear to like."

Anonymous said...

Hi there... I will respond... been a busy few weeks!

A long tag, though!!!

Craver Vii said...

Lovely of y'all to drop by. I just got back from a camping trip and in there is much work to catch up on. (Plus, some key workers are out sick.) It's craaaazy, I tell you!

Blog-shepherding, LL? Yeah, right!!! ;-)

Hooray, Mary got it! Out of laziness, I ran "like to hear" together. Congratulations, you win a certificate that says "Kiss Me, I'm Gifted" and a week's stay at the Stickland ranch in the picturesque North Devon, UK. You'll need a metal detector to find the key, since Martin has probably moved it from the previous location. BYOB and don't forget your Wellingtons.

Craver Vii said...

Not really, Ini. It doesn't bother me that the people I'm closest to physically "don't have the least interest" in my blog. And yet, I'm arrogant enough to be surprised about it.