Tuesday, September 25, 2007

sample these

(Typing sounds...)

.

It was a dark and stormy night... That's already been used, hasn't it?

.

At this point, I have no intention of writing any books. Nevertheless, there is a fantasy, stored in the back of my mind, of one day becoming an accomplished author. It's right up there with Hollywood superstar and rock-n-roll sensation.

.

There are two outstanding writing coaches that I wish to point out. Mark Goodyear is the gent from Texas who I discovered first. And more recently, I have seen that the prolific, Australian David McMahon has also made himself available to assist us wannabees, as well as newbees and probably even listen-mister-you-oughtta-be-taking-lessons-from-ME-bees.

.

Whatever hive you're from, these are sites well-worth visiting. But don't go there 'till you're finished here, okay?

.

What does that have to do with the picture? David has inspired me to try taking more of my own pictures and not be so dependent on the images I fish out of Flickr. I heard another Mark and Dave on the radio, talking about how men are less likely than women to wash their hands when leaving a rest room. Then I came into work and saw that we had jelly beans on the front counter. But look! There's a spoon, so we don't put our grubby germy paws all over the candy. The picture did not turn out as I would have liked and by now, someone else blogged about the story, so I apologize for wasting your time. Go check out these fantastic writing coaches now.

11 comments:

Mark Goodyear said...

Craver, dude, thanks for the link. You'se the bestest.

David McMahon is really cool, even though his wetsuit headshot always reminds me that I've never been scuba diving.

Every Square Inch said...

So you want to be a Hollywood superstar?

Craver Vii said...

Mark, thank YOU for encouraging folks to be reading and writing. I appreciate you, Man.

You know, ESI, when I hear people talk about stage fright, I don't get it. Doesn't everyone want to be in the limelight? To me, acting is just another form of storytelling, which is what many of us love to do here in the blogosphere.

Ted M. Gossard said...

Craver, Interesting. You do well at keeping us engaged with words, pics, etc. Even though when we're done we may not know what we read (though that's oft the case with me anyhow, being brain-sleep deprived, I guess).

Anonymous said...

Hey Craver,
Listen to this...
A son comes home one day from school and says to dad, "Dad, when I grow up I wanna be a Rock star!"
Dad says, "Now son...you are going to have to make up your mind one way or another. You can't do both." Get it? grow up? become a rock star? This fit somehow.

david mcmahon said...

G'day Craver,

That is an incredibly kind gesture. I must check out Mark's site....

It really is my aim to help as many writers as I can. Often we need someone else to help us discover the true talent that lies within us.

Great to see more of your original pictures on this warm-hearted blog. Keep it up and have fun.

Nice jelly bean shot, too ...

Cheers

David

Halfmom, AKA, Susan said...

Thanks Brother - I think that another mutual friend read the blogs and sent the email address to our friend too.

Unknown said...

If your in publishing, couldn't you give us some tips too? (hint, hint, nudge, nudge, wink, wink)

L.L. Barkat said...

Ah, Mark. One of my favorite people. Now, what got you thinking about writing? Are you writing the next best-seller on the sly?

Marcian said...

hmmm... I probably wouldn't have used the flash... and stood further back (if you're using a point-and-shoot) to increase the depth of field.

Welcome to the world of photography. Be careful... it can suck you in.

Craver Vii said...

Marcian, how nice of you to drop by. I didn't think about the flash at all. The only time I don't use it is in the bright outdoors, and when the subject is far away. I wish I had known last week to step back in order to improve depth of field. I know, I know... "Amateurs" ...pshah!