Friday, January 25, 2008

a drop of water

Props to Snapdragon for an amazingly simple technique on how to capture the fall of a water droplet.

.

My version is very simple, because of the plain felt background, but if you haven't done this yet, I recommend that you add something for proportion. Some people couldn't easily identify this as a falling drop of water.

.

This weekend, I decided to add two items to my accessory bag.

1) A lint brush, and

2) A laminated UPC code.

The UPC code came in handy for setting the manual focus where I was expecting to photograph the drop of water.

.

Is it just me, or are portraits and other people-shots much more difficult than still life?

5 comments:

imac said...

What ever or which way, you certainly captured the water drop well indeed.

L.L. Barkat said...

I think it's cool how you caught your reflection in the droplet. That is you, isn't it? Which makes this a portrait and a still life. :)

Craver Vii said...

Did you see a face in the drop?? I only saw the reflection of the row of fluorescent lights from the science lab where I took the shot. The next time I do this, I think I'll try for a closer zoom or adding something interesting, like the splash from impact.

Unknown said...

I so wish I could take close ups like that! Ok, I admit being a little envious. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey great post. Just so you know, she LOVES a good blog jacking! I couldn't comment on previous post, don't know why. See you at the Llama's!

D.