Friday, March 14, 2008

Sky Watch Friday!

What's "down & sun?" That's a sunset with feathers.

.

Do you know the face a child makes when their parent introduces a spoonful of an undesirable vegetable? Well, hold that thought**...

.

I like to see photographs of the sun reflected in a body of water. So much so, that I have set out a couple of times already, looking for such an image for Sky Watch Friday! When I drove past this pond here, I turned around to come back for the picture. It was difficult to get to, and I could not get down to the water's level. I distinctly heard some of the ducks laughing at me as they saw me desperately search for a spot to place the tripod.

.

Then, I snapped a photograph of what originally made sense in my head. But when I looked at the recorded image, I made that face**. The images here are severely cropped, but after a while, I warmed up to them.

.

I'll bet these silhouetted little waddlers are just as eager for the Spring thaw as I am! Be careful out there duckies; you'll quack the ice!

.

Lastly, there was a duck in front of me at the drug store. He wanted to buy a ChapStick®. The cashier said it was $1.49 plus tax. To which, the duck responded, "Fine... just put it on my bill."

.

Oops, gotta go. Bye for now!

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you ... reflections on water are always great moments.
Very well done here.

Daniel J Santos said...

excellent post, beautiful photos.

SandyCarlson said...

Just lovely! Capturing the sky's reflection in water this time of year creates beautiful effects.

Tom said...

Great Skywatch picture.. I loved the shot the ducks and the joke... :O)

Tom

Anonymous said...

Ok great photos and you made me smile at your quacky jokes, too. I need to capture a photo with a great reflection. Oh good another goal..
May Spring come soon in your neck of the woods...

imac said...

Great reflection for sky watch

come and see mine:)

Lori said...

I like how the sun looks like a star. Nice!

EG CameraGirl said...

Are you a stand-up comic, by any chance? You quacked me up!

I enjoyed your photos too. :-)

Andrea said...

Looks like the sky is smiling.

Sharon said...

I like reflections on the water as well and this one is great. I liked the ducks as well. The duck joke...... :)

Carletta said...

Blue is my favorite color and I loved this right away - just what a winter photo should look it!
Loved your words as well - too funny!

Pernille said...

I love the reflections. beautiful photos:)
Have a nice weekend:)

Luiz Santilli Jr said...

Beautiful image of sky over water!!

Luiz

Lilli & Nevada said...

What great photos you have there, that first one is a definite postcard photo

Anonymous said...

Very funny and nice pictures..
Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
cheers

DeeMom said...

Eye-catching and love the joke…

Daryl said...

hcraver, you QUACK me up

Carole said...

Great pictures, great post - love the joke.

Dottie said...

Beautiful photos and funnies too! I love it.

Dewdrop said...

Love it!

sonia a. mascaro said...

Nice photos!

Have a nice weekend!

Petunia said...

Great reflection picture:D

Angie said...

Hi,
Great photos,Craver,shame about the joke,lol. (just kidding) lol

sonia a. mascaro said...

Thanks for your nice comment on Brasília's photos!

I would like you make a visiting to my Sky Watch current, on my main blog, Leaves of Grass.

Have a nice weekend!

Misty DawnS said...

A great photographer and funny too! Oh yes, I truly enjoyed every bit of this post!

Anonymous said...

Craver -- You are really developing into quite a photographer. Thanks for sharing your pictures. And you know, I've often thought I've heard ducks laughing at me too. They may call it a quack, but I really think it reveals the sarcastic humor of are feathery friends.

mommanator said...

lovely pics, seems like you are devoting much time to pictures-good for you, you are seing God's beauty!

Luiz Santilli Jr said...

I linked your blog in BOA LEITURA:
SKY FRIENDS

Luiz

Ted M. Gossard said...

Yes, those pics are pretty nice. I keep telling myself to go outside and take some, but didn't even leave the house today, really playing it rather sedate, though I think i'll get up and do some dishes now.

But yes, Spring is coming!

Halfmom, AKA, Susan said...

looks like my pond - so I think you could have parked in the driveway!

hello - hello - are you there?