Thursday, April 24, 2008

windmill

Last Sunday, I saw an illustration of what it means to be filled with the Spirit. First, you see a container being filled with water until it is running over. That seems wasteful. Next, they show a sailboat. As the wind fills the sails, the boat is enabled to glide swiftly through the water. The energy is not wasted. The boat is not without purpose. The illustration is helpful, I think.

.

In Paul's letter to the Ephesians, by contrast, he calls drunkenness "dissipation" or "debauchery." (In other words, you end up with nothing to show for it.) "Instead," he says, "be filled with the Spirit..."

.

I wanted to draw a little sailboat on my hand to remind myself to keep on being filled, but started thinking whether I should use pen or marker, then which color. What color should I pick, and how would I draw it, etc. Then, after lunch, I found this colorful little reminder. Thanks, Lord; I see it!

5 comments:

Ramosforest.Environment said...

Good. Congratulations.

dot said...

Beautiful post and a great way to remember.

orneryswife said...

Cool. That's a neat illustration.
TM

Carletta said...

Wonderful post Craver!
I recently sent a very dear friend a photo of a rainbow - or at least what I could get of it. It wasn't a spectacular photo, just a sliver of the rainbow and I had apologized about it. At the time things were a little out of sorts with me and he replied that did I stop to think it was just for me.
Ironically I had. God does send us Rainbows and this was your's Craver.
Again, wonderful post.

Craver Vii said...

Thanks, y'all! And yes, the windmill turned out to be a cross between the rainbow and a sail, didn't it. Practically, because of the colors and that it is wind-driven, plus figuratively.