Thursday, March 11, 2010

diamond in the rough

The light stayed hidden yesterday, shielded behind gray, pregnant clouds. Looking around for something to photograph, I inspected the crocuses, to see if any were blooming yet. Nope. But I DID find this perfect drop nestled in a little wedge. We got the rains this morning. When it is quiet, you can hear gurgling sounds coming from the roof.

.

[Update: I was informed by our friend at the Rook's Nest, that this flower is a daffodil, not a crocus. Thanks, Shammy!]

10 comments:

donsands said...

My wife gets all excited when the crocuses bloom, which they have here in Mary-Land.

Gurgling sounds from the roof? What?

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Craver: They do spring to life very soon.

imac said...

Init great when you find something like this to photograph.

Craver Vii said...

Sure, Sandman. The pitter-patter mixed with a rapid flow of water produced a low, gutteral gurgling. Sort of. Heh heh.

The crocuses are very welcome after a snowy winter, Fishing Guy. It means it's time to tune up the lawn mower. Vroom, vroom!

Well Imac. "New" camera in hand, I felt like I just HAD to find something. Oh, you missed it... I now have a Pentax DSLR!!

mommanator said...

been raining today, but still warm! yeah!

Shammickite said...

I'm pretty certain that those are daffodils emerging from their winter sleep, not crocus. Crocus flowers spring up before their leaves.

Craver Vii said...

I am SO looking forward to warmer days, Mommanator.

You know what, Shammy? I think you're right. Thanks for the correction. I assumed, since I was looking at a place that I thought I saw the crocus before.

Anonymous said...

that little drop makes this photo very special.

Shammickite said...

Thanks for the aknowledgement, always happy to help!

lime said...

i little picture of hope....