Friday, July 23, 2010

getting together

[Mom and Dad with a nephew and a niece.]

.

Surprisingly, I spent precious little time with my parents. Loose plans were made, and I assumed that they would camp out at my home, making day visits to other relatives and friends. I see now how that was presumptuous. They spent two days at my house, and have been staying with multiple hosts. I was blessed that they spent as much time as they did with me, my wife and kids.

.

There were two major highlights to the past few days. First, is that I got to spend more time with my wife and kids. And second: there were two get-togethers, where Mom and Dad were joined by my five siblings and me. It is rare that all eight will be together in one place. That was a treat! They're in town for a few more days, and then it might be a year or more before I can see them again face-to-face.

7 comments:

lime said...

even though it was less time than yo uexpected with your folks i'm gladd yo uand all your siblings were able to enjoy them together.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Time spent together like this is always precious and a blessing.

mommanator said...

Enjoy the time you do have! you are blessed!

Gaelyn said...

So nice when family comes together and it can slip by before we know it.

Shammickite said...

I can hear the joy in your words, celebrating the fact that your family is all together for a special time.... I think families are very important. Your mum and dad look like lovely people.
I'd love to have more family, but my family group is pretty small.... 2 sons, 2 DILs and 2 grandies, that's it!

imac said...

Nice to get families all together my friend, but I know how hard it is too.

Craver Vii said...

It was good, Lime. Maybe it is true that absence makes the heart grow fonder, because I do not remember having this good a time with my siblings when we were youngsters.

It certainly was this time Joan.

I thank God for his gifts Mommanator, and try not to take any of this for granted.

The time sure did slip by quickly Gaelyn. I would have liked to linger just a bit more with all of them.

Mom and Dad really are amazing, Shammy. In Florida, they are busy every day with a ministry to people who are sick or shut-in. I was blessed to participate in that with them when I went down there. I'll bet your family enjoys you a lot, Shammy. You are a special person and your love for family comes through in your posts.

They've gone back to Florida now Imac, and it is time for me to start eating sensibly again. I have two or three weeks before going to my doctor for the next humiliation on the next scale. It keeps telling them I'm too heavy, and I keep telling them to fix the dumb thing. ;-)