Friday, August 06, 2010

daydreaming

It's August already; can you believe it?! Today is absolutely a gorgeous day outside! It would be a nice day for a casual bicycle ride to nowhere in particular. Either that, or swimming and grilling at a friend's house. Mmmmm... the smells of sun tan lotion, bratwurst on the barbie. The sounds of happy children saying, "Daddy, look at what I can do!" and close friends telling stories that make us laugh. Or maybe a mild breeze as the bicycle slices through picturesque suburbia, with people walking their dogs, winding paths that take me past the town's sculptures and fountains. All of this with the steady clicking of the gears in the background, just like the old reel-to-reel film shows.

.

Or maybe I could just sit on the swinging bench with my wife, talking about mushy stuff that makes my kids roll their eyes.

.

Yowser! Break time's over... gotta get back to work!

14 comments:

Pastor Dave said...

it would be worse if you had a window by your desk, trust me, i know..nice pic!

Gaelyn said...

Nice day dream, now you need to make it ALL come true.
After work.

Shammickite said...

I wish I had a bicycle. I had one, but then I had a tenant in my basement apartment and he stole it when I kicked him out.

donsands said...

We are blessed here in America, that's for sure.

Nice thoughts Craver.

Have a joyous time in church on the Lord's day my friend.

imac said...

Day dreaming again then Craver,lol.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

I think I like the mushy stuff best craver. :)

mommanator said...

such picturesque writing- I was there with ya-almost! you forgot the mosquitoes bitng me!

lime said...

i vote for a short ride followed by the porch swing.

Craver Vii said...

Sure Mr. Dave. That's why companies offer away-from-the-window offices as a perk, right? ;-)

Well Gaelyn, there was no suntan lotion, swimming or bicycling, but I think we covered the rest of it.

Shammy, it's so wrong that the tenant stole your bicycle! I feel angry for you. I hope they come to their senses and find a way to make amends for the wrongs they've done.

Yes Sandman. I do have a lot to be grateful for.

Not "again," Imac. But "still;" I never stopped.

Craver Vii said...

As it turned out Joan, the mushy stuff was my favorite part of the weekend.

Oh Mommanator, the mosquitoes!! I've received multiple mosquito bites every day for the last five days or so.

We've looked at porch swings Lime. We like them, but I don't know if we'll get one until the kids move out. Then, we can make the backyard a place for gardening and sanctuary. Right now we have a rusty bench that threatens to break when two people sit on it. :-(

But... I managed to get out of work three hours early and surprised my wife. Her reaction was priceless.

Wendy said...

This post was a breath of fresh air Craver :) I really agree with you. I love summer!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Craver: Neat photo of the Rose of Sharon. It is a great day, caught a big Crappie today. I just posted it.

EG CameraGirl said...

No. I cannot believe it's August already but I do admit I'll be happy when the dog days are over and the weather is a tad cooler. :)

Craver Vii said...

I like the summer too Leeloo, but I would like it better with less mosquito bites.

I saw that fish, Fishing Guy. Do you know how blessed you are to have those experiences? I'm glad to see that Soccer Boy spends time with you. Those memories will be cherished all the rest of his life.

Oh, and the rich colors that accompany the cooler weather, EG! That's another thing I look forward to!