Wednesday, June 12, 2013

roof top views

Roof Top Views


June 5, 2013

This week we're looking for "Roof Top Views."  The theme was chosen by Lew.  Check out my  pals for their interpretations on  this theme: Fishing Guy, Katney, Imac and Lew.

The Bolingbrook area has a few spots that could be useful for photos from a rooftop or photos of a rooftop.  But I have been swamped with work and haven't been able to look around much for those views.  This little cluster of Maple leaves is from my garage.  I need to clean that gutter.

Why so busy?  The workload at the office has been challenging, and I am like a swimmer who is barely treading water.  That's job security though, right?  I'm glad to have a job, even when the workload is overwhelming.
  
Besides that, I was working on sermon preparation.  My pastor asked the elders to fill the pulpit while he's on vacation these next two weeks, and I was assigned to give the sermon for June 9th.  It took me two months to prepare!  It was well-received, and I have an increased appreciation for the work my pastor does every single week.

Well, that's it.  I don't have a slew of pics from the archives this week.  Just the one header.  And now my break is over and I need to get back to work.  See you soon!

7 comments:

Katney said...

Aren't you glad you don't have to do it every week? I could have included my gutter, too. Have to mow the lawn up there.

imac said...

Short time - but what an out of the box thinking my friend.

Lew said...

Great take on the theme! And terrific capture of the light on the new tree.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Craver: Good one, I started several Maple trees from a friends gutter.

Jackie said...

And I have a hard time getting a maple tree to grow for me! I need to get gutters!!
So proud that you filled the pulpit. I know that you did a fantastic job. Wonderful preparation.
J.

George said...

Congratulations on doing a good job with your sermon. Congratulations, too, on a neat header for this theme.

lime said...

a maple tree growing in your gutter? reminds me of a favorite book The Little Prince. title character must root the baobabs out of the soil as soon as they appear because if they grow to full size they will explode his tiny planet. hope you get some rest soon.