Wednesday, December 04, 2013

sparkles


sparkles

December 4, 2013


This week's challenge is sparkles, selected by Christine.  Check out my  pals for their  interpretations on this theme: Fishing Guy, Katney, Imac, Lew, and Christine Anne.

I have three different kinds of sparkle for us today.  The first is from iron filings and gunpowder. Then, I used the in-camera sparkle effect to exaggerate the sparkling effect in water.  Finally, we have nice, shiny objects with their razzle-dazzle.  The header is a set of wedding bands.  I took the shot outdoors, during the rehearsal dinner (picnic).  The sunlight was strong and hard, so I used the shade of a big tree, plus a flash that I bounced off a reflector.  The background was just a remnant of black cloth that I set upon the grass.  It was kind of neat to try a studio-type effect on the spot there, and the family was tickled with the results.


bottle rocket ignition in the backyard


bottle rocket launched from a PVC pipe


sparkling water in a pond near the Bolingbrook Library


flash reflections in baptismal waters


wedding reception table-topper


8 comments:

imac said...

Well done Craver, magic Sparkle, even your dandruff sparkles too,lol.

Craver Vii said...

Well, sure. That's because I put glitter in my shampoo.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Sparkly shots for the theme Craver. I certainly enjoyed all your choices.

Lew said...

That is a nice collection of sparkle - love the sparkling diamond. The bottle rock shots are awesome (and would have the cops around if used them in our backyard).

heritagemom said...

Hey, wow, these are all great! Love the rings, but I think my favorite is the baptism shot. Great sparkly water plus the symbolism is pretty neat, too!

happyone said...

Great collection of sparkles. : )

Betty Manousos said...

oh my word, you're so creative my friend.
what a terrific set of sparkle shots and your header is gorgeous too.

wish you happy weekend!:)

George said...

I really like all the sparkles you captured for this theme. Very well done.