Wednesday, April 02, 2014

smiles

smile

 April 2, 2014


This week's challenge is smile selected by Fishing Guy.  And we're all smiling with the addition of a returning Headbanger, Womtig!  I'm not sure whether he begins today or next week, but he will be a welcome addition to our bag of mixed nuts.  Check out my pals for their interpretations on this theme: Fishing Guy, Katney, Imac, Lew, and Christine Anne.
 
That is not Gandalf in this week's header, it is John Michael Talbot, Troubadour for the Lord.  I had a chance to see him unplugged and hear his amazing musical talent.  That shot was taken without flash.  My zoom was at 48mm... I was that close!!  It's nice to be given a good seat when I'm carrying my camera. JMT had just tuned his guitar and was telling a story that had us all in stitches.

I asked these two to stand in a particular spot-- just slightly in front of the fluorescent light for that cool hair light.


Four generations in one shot, and the smiles abound.


Not all smiles are people smiles.


Smile.  What a delightful theme!

11 comments:

imac said...

Love the beard, - parked his Ark outside ,I guess,lol.
Neat smiles all round Craver.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Very nice Craver, wonderful series of smiles.

Katney said...

John Michael Talbot was much more--trimmed--when I saw and heard him a few years ago. It was an awesome concert.

I was about to go back and comment to Christine that kids' smiles are the best, but now I wonder.

Jackie said...

I'm a sucker for the baby/grandmother photos.
That one steals my heart!!

Tom said...

Hello there my old friend... thank you for my warm welcome... I see you won Gold last week... and by the look of these you might aagain

Craver Vii said...

Hi Tom!
No, I did not win gold last week. I'm just too lazy to update shields on a weekly basis.
Thrilled that you're back with the Headbangers!!

Lew said...

Wonderful portraits of Talbot and his smiles. The lighting in the second shot is excellent.

happyone said...

All your smiles made me smile. : )

heritagemom said...

Those are all great, Craver. I haven't heard JMT in a looong time! And yes--you had an *awesome* seat. Nice to not have to use your flash or zoom.

George said...

You did a great job with this theme. I like all of your smiles -- human or otherwise.

Betty Manousos said...

what an awesome post my friend! seriously great photos.
well done you!
that funny dog made me smile.

have a wonderful week ahead~
:))