Wednesday, May 21, 2014

celebration

celebration

May 21, 2014


This week's challenge is celebration; chosen by Fishing Guy.  Check out my pals for their interpretations on this theme: Womtig, Fishing Guy, Katney, Imac, Lew, and Christine Anne.

A young man was baptized at church last Sunday.  The header shows the reaction from the section where his friends and family sat.  It is so cool that I have been added to the contact list when we're doing baptisms, just so I can be prepared to take the picture.

The shot below is my favorite (from a technical perspective) because in it, I put together a lot of lessons learned from many previous baptisms.  I borrowed a spot light, customized the white balance, and shot by hand with a continuous burst.  If you enlarge it, you will see that the underside of the microphone's plug has a greenish tint.  It is extremely difficult to capture natural skin tones in that room!  That's because the inside of the tank is green and the mercury vapor lighting gives off a weird color, too.  The header had that strange light, too, but instead of correcting it, I added to it, using cross processing.

Celebrating new life in Christ


Applauding the performers at her retirement party


Celebratory treats


Gloria's retirement celebration was... well... glorious!


Celebrants welcome me to the small country of Misterrogersstan, where I was liked, just for being me.

(I do not know how wide the Mister Rogers show is known.  In case you don't know, it's a children's program, and the host is very encouraging and affirming, telling the viewing children that "you're special, just for being you.")

*The final shot was a composite from someone else's picture of me, using photofunia, but all other pics are my own.

7 comments:

imac said...

Nice idea ol buddy, and Photofunia from a funny man,lol.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Fun post for celebration, nicely done Craver.

Tom said...

Your humour shines though ion all your headers posting..

happyone said...

Baptisms are always special. : )

Katney said...

We have had lots of sacramental celebrations lately as well.

heritagemom said...

Love the baptism shot. Looks like you used your past experiences well. Indoors can be tricky to shoot in; you did a fine job! And I didn't know you were famous; wow, that's so cool! ;)

Lew said...

Nice work with the lighting! Some indoor lighting can make for really off images. My kids watched the PBS Mr Rogers years ago and enjoyed.