Wednesday, May 07, 2014

strings

strings

May 7, 2014


This week's challenge is strings; it was Kathy's choice.  Check out my pals for their interpretations on this theme: Womtig, Fishing Guy, Katney, Imac, Lew, and Christine Anne.

Mention "strings" and Vivaldi comes to mind.  I know a family where the father and sons perform as a string quartet.That music is a sweet, sonorous respite from the hullabaloo and cacophony of everyday life.  (Aw, shucks!  I used up all my fancy words in one sentence!)

I got a used violin with aspirations that I would fiddle around with it, hoping to learn how to make music with it.  Thus far, the only purpose it has served is a photographic subject.  A young friend visited our home, and seeing the violin, tuned it and began to play for us.  That was delightful!
 
Rosen up your bow.


Morelli Violins.


...But I thought "bridges" was LAST week's theme!


5 comments:

Lew said...

You are dreaming of becoming a musician and took the first step. Now to find time for a few lessons! The strings provide you a great photo op!

imac said...

Craver topping the bill @ The Royal Albert hall,
= in his dreams maybe lol.
Neat post n pic tho.

Tom said...

I thought you'd been on the fiddle... and well done for the Bridge mention as well... :O)

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Nicely posted Craver, great minds do think alike.

heritagemom said...

Great way to tie the themes of bridges and strings together, Craver, lol! I love the simplicity of your header.