June 11, 2014
This week's challenge selection is the sun by Christine. Check out my pals for their interpretations on this theme: Fishing Guy, Katney, Imac, Lew, and Christine Anne.
"comes out like a bridegroom leaving his chamber,
Did you know that more than 98% of the mass in the solar system is just from the sun? Jupiter accounts for most of the rest of the 2%. We could fit more than a million earths in the sun, but our dear sun is not even large, by astronomical standards. If we put Betelgeuse (the biggest star in the Orion constellation) in the center of our solar system, the surface would be somewhere between the orbits of Mars and Jupiter.
Psalm 19 beautifully illustrates the difference between "General Revelation" and "Special Revelation.". When we look up in the sky, we marvel and know that there is a God. In other words, the universe testifies to us through the evidence. But that is not sufficient knowledge for redeeming fallen man. For that, we need to hear from God's "Special Revelation:" specifically, the Scriptures. And that is more desirable than gold; sweeter than honey.
The header shot was a "drive-by shooting." I rested the lens on my shoulder and took a no-look picture while I was driving. (I took a bunch of them, but I like this one best.)
|The bright sun peeking through the Japanese Maple in my back yard.|