Wednesday, August 20, 2014

bird

bird

August 20, 2014


This week's challenge selection is bird by me.  Check out my pals for their interpretations on this theme: Fishing Guy, Katney, Imac, Lew, and Christine Anne.

I just noticed that these are all backyard birds that I picked for today.  There are certainly others in the area that would have been good to show, too.  The bird I show in my header was photographed through a makeshift blind.  I draped a black cloth inside my back screen door, and poked a hole for the lens right in the middle.  It was a nifty gimmick, and I hope to try it again.

This is the kind of shot I was hoping for... the bird in the bush, and the feeder is not in the frame


Female Cardinal... or is it a Male House Finch?


Yellow Finch


The state bird of Illinois (& others): the Cardinal (male)


6 comments:

imac said...

Nifty idea for theHeader my friend, Nice and all colourful.

Lew said...

Great shot the the bird about to bite down on lunch! And a clever idea for a blind for hunting with your camera.

heritagemom said...

Nice pictures! I love birding with my camera; unfortunately, my telephoto lens shoots pretty soft with its focus. Maybe one day I'll get a new one. :) I love your makeshift blind idea; I may have to try something similar to get closer to these wonderful creatures.

Jackie said...

I love to shoot (with my camera) birds and butterflies and flowers.
Beautiful job you did capturing these birds, Craver.
The yellow on that finch is incredible!

happyone said...

Nice collection of bird photos. We have LOTS of goldfinches at our bird feeders. Love those little birds.

lime said...

you got some great shots there. i don't think that one bird is a female cardinal though. at the very least it doesn't look like the girls who visit our yard. great idea on the drape as a blind though.