Wednesday, January 14, 2015

winter

winter

January 14, 2015


This week's challenge selection is winter by Lew. Check out my pals for their interpretations on this theme: Fishing Guy, Katney, Imac, Lew, and Christine Anne.

Though wintery weather had a slow or mild start this year, the last few weeks have provided better opportunities for winter scenes. All but the last photo are from this past week.


The bushes out front. I never get tired of looking at this, especially when it sparkles.


Nobody home. Perhaps they've move to their summer estate.


What's the string for? I dare not pull it.


Nabbed this shot this morning on the way to work.


This one was last February. My wife was driving and I snapped this from inside our van.



7 comments:

imac said...

Great snowshow there Craver DF, love the sparkle in this post and very cool.

Katney said...

We had a day of snow a week ago Sunday. Gone. It's cold, though.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Nicely captured Craver, this second round of Winter is worse then the first.

Lew said...

Now, that's a snow blower in your last pic!

heritagemom said...

I really like your last two images, Craver--that ice-encrusted twig is amazing and I wish I had gone out to capture one of my own. Love the snowplow in action. And your header--you have a creative mind, sir!

Shammickite said...

Lovely snow pictures, but all I have to do is look out of the window and I see the same thing. Actually, not much snow on the ground here yet, but it's been blasted cold.... -22C one morning!
I am grateful for a warm house, a warm coat, and snowboots.

happyone said...

Like the snow plow photo best.