Wednesday, February 11, 2015

something red

something red

February 11, 2015


This week's challenge selection is something red by Imac. Check out my pals for their interpretations on this theme: Fishing Guy, Katney, Imac, Lew, and Christine Anne.

Red. That's a tough color for electronic reproduction. I find that reds are often blown out and look over-saturated. But it's an attractive color for most of us. I have a friend who is color blind to reds. I suppose he doesn't mind, so long as he doesn't realize what he's missing.

The pic in this week's header is red berries. The birds who visit that bush like those berries, as evidenced by the missing fruit.

Male Cardinal. A favorite. [click any image to enlarge]


Just because.


My own camera is red, though I have long-since done away with the paper on the lens cover.


The reds are blown out here, but I liked that we have the cloth's texture & bokeh circles in back.


Red leaves from last fall.


Ketchup. Great on a burger, but not allowed on hot dogs.


It's tricky to get good color under fluorescent lights. She's a cutie, though. :-)


Playing pranks in the office.


8 comments:

George said...

I think you did a great job of capturing reds for this post. I could say that your red camera gives you an advantage, but I suspect the real secret is the skill of the photographer.

imac said...

Craver the Red - Berrry. Neat reds you have Sir.
Like BIG bird

Lew said...

We seem to have a "nature" theme going in our posts this week. Great shot of the berries! Love the red pentax.

heritagemom said...

I agree with you--photographically, reds are hard to capture with all their details, and do tend to be blown out. You got some good ones, though. P.S. Ketchup and mustard on *my* hot dog. :)

happyone said...

Red is my favorite color!!
Lots of nice reds there - my favorite - the cardinal.

Katney said...

We have red berries like those on our Mountain Ash.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Fun captures in your red filled world Craver.

Shammickite said...

I used to have sunglasses that made everything red jump out at me, like in a 3D movie, it was weird.
Ketchup and mustard on a burger... YUK! Give me onions and pickles and spicy HP sauce.