Wednesday, May 28, 2008

guzzling goslings

Just look at this! Can you believe these baby geese?! They're boozing it up and trashing my fishing spot. I blame the parents. Don't tell me they don't know what's going on.

.

I deduced that the beer guzzlers MUST have been these goslings, because people would know better, right? I mean, humans are much too sensible to desecrate a place of tranquility and beauty. And besides, the proper removal of trash would be problematic for little bills and webbed feet, but no problem at all for a human being, so it is hardly thinkable that it would have been a person to leave this trash on that site. ...Right?

.

I wish!

7 comments:

Craver Vii said...

Admittedly, I cannot figure out how these fluffy roughians crushed all those aluminum cans.

On the serious side, I wonder if my fishing tackle box should include a folded garbage bag so that I might pick up this kind of trash as I visit each site.

Hey, how often does Officer Friendly check your fishing license? I've been out three times, and they've asked to see my license twice. Always friendly, but always checking... you know what I'm sayin'?

david mcmahon said...

Nice web sight!!!!

How's the Craver family going, cobber?

Enjoying summer?

Andrea said...

Yes, you need to take a garbage bag with you. Our world is too beautiful to be polluted by peoples unwanted garbage. And poor little geese, they probably had a hangover the next morning.

mommanator said...

ah, another bad day for geese! what are the to do with humans trashinf up their world!
yes indeed take a trash bag, but don't let the officer see yer beer cans in it or else you may get the license taken away, or you might say something like, wow they sure leave alot of beer cans here, I am helping the earth be green!
In our parks the officers are always around, if ya are doing something wrong it bothers ya, but they are there to help us

lime said...

ok, we are back to the fine line between genius and insanity because now my mind is churning out all sorts of "far side" like images of "wild" geese partying into the night.

orneryswife said...

I am always amazed at the fuzzy looking little critters that turn into such lovely feathered birds. They don't even look like the same species!

Excellent post. It reminds me of going "canning" when my daughter was trying to raise money to go on a missions trip. We were appalled at the number of aluminum cans beside the roads. To this day she can't stand the smell of beer from picking up all those cans in the hot summer.
TM

Anonymous said...

You have the knack of teaching people through excellent examples.