Monday, November 19, 2007

snappy gift

Hey, looky-here! Randy Anonymous gave me his old digital camera. I have been having lots of fun learning about the camera's features and I snapped dozens of shots this weekend. I especially like the ones a friend took of Mrs. Craver and me relaxing in a hammock.

.

Since I don't have a USB connector & driver, you'll have to wait on seeing any results. There's still a whole lotta space on the mini CD.

.

The lens diameter is the same (52mm) as my Yashica 35mm film camera, so the polarizing filter and ultraviolet filter will work here. In truth, I never used filters much, and I don't know if that could be a big advantage, but it's there if I want to use it.

.

But back to Randy. It has come to my attention that this kind of thing has become characteristic of him. Whether he sees a need, or some other opportunity to do good, I guess you could say he snaps to it. He has been generously open-handed with his time as well as his treasure for the good of the saints and the glory of the Father. God bless him.

8 comments:

L.L. Barkat said...

What a wonderful gift! Can't wait to see the fruits.

Lifelong Learner said...

Don't you love people like that? I don't mean love benefiting from people, but just love people who are givers. I had an uncle like that. He was always giving, but never in a frivolous manner. There was always some thought into who would most benefit, and who would do the most good. So, Mr. Craver, I guess you've been deemed worthy! :)

I wonder if this camera will be able to capture those ominous glows your other camera is so famous for? Only time will tell.

Craver Vii said...

LL. Yes, fruit. It would be such a waste if this were demoted to an unused paperweight. I hope to be able to store and share piccies soon. I was spendthrift and single the last time I lugged a camerabag with me everywhere I went. Now, being a bit more sensible, it's exciting to think that I can revisit the old shooting frenzy cowboy days.

Stacy. (laughing/blushing) Aw, shucks; stop it. Seriously, I have thanked Randy numerous times, but I am also to his Maker who "wired him" that way.

lorenzothellama said...

Ooo I am committing one of the deadly sins! I'm jealous.
Love Lorenzo.

lorenzothellama said...

p.s.
Re your remarks on Halfmon's posting about being brother and sister.
Is it true that Mr Bush once addressed his people as 'brethren and sistren' ???
Lorenzo.

jazzycat said...

Digital is great... Much less expensive than film. We are getting ready for a day photography trip up the Natchez Trace as I write this. Jazzy will be on her own today........

Craver Vii said...

Surely you jest, 'Renzo.

About the president, I don't know. It wouldn't surprise me. I use words like "sistren" sometimes, just to be funny, and then, in a more formal setting, I find these words slipping out.

Poor Jazzycat. What is a poor feline to do without the doting and occasional interruptions from humans? Sleep, methinks. Splendid idea. Now I'm jealous!

david mcmahon said...

Good on ya, Randy. I'd love to see the results soon.

And )furtive whisper) while I'll be posting the answer to the mystery photo in 24 hours, I can confirm a) you were right b) ``symbolic'' in the headline was indeed a clue and c) your puns have conquered mine today.

I salute you, sir .....