Friday, March 07, 2008

Sky Watch Friday!

It is a joy to participate in SkyWatch Friday! But please forgive me if it takes a little longer to respond to your comments. (I am trying to limit the time I spend on the blog.) It is not likely that I will participate every week.

.

If anyone else wants to join the parade, check out the link above and there, you will find the proper instructions. That being said, here are my submissions for this week. Sorry, no moon this time. Instead, I have a picture taken at a wedding reception. This was taken (Feb. 23) at the Bristol Oaks Country Club in Kenosha, Wisconsin. By the time I broke away from the table to look at the sunset, the event was already waning. I took the picture anyway, and was quite pleased with the color. Especially because they had colored floodlights on the grounds and a green light under these trees caused this image to turn out almost surreal.

.

Then, as I left the office the other day (March 3), the sky was so colorful I just had to take a picture. That one turned out okay, but eight minutes later the view became even more dramatic. I pulled the car over, braced against a pole, and took this next picture... Let me give a special thank you to Sharon who emailed with helpful advice, and though I can't apply it with this camera, remote capability is something I would surely consider for the future.

31 comments:

Carole said...

I love both of these pictures. The first one is great.

Anonymous said...

Both photos are lovely but I'm with Carole ... the firts one is really charming!

Andrea said...

Your pictures are great. We understnad if you cannot take part in Sky Watch Friday every week or if you cannot visit us all. We just enjoy getting to see you when we can.

Daniel J Santos said...

very beautiful images, beautiful colors, excellent.

SandyCarlson said...

Gorgeous.

imac said...

Really good shots here - Ilke the green tree as well.

Tom said...

Hi there Craver
Great Skywatch
Two stunning pictures, that green flood lighting works very well.

Anonymous said...

Nicely done! Have a great weekend..

Sharon said...

Both of these are great! They have amazing colors. I like the first one best as well, very unique.

Lilli & Nevada said...

Very nice. Join when you can love to see what you have

Anne-Berit said...

Wonderful colors on the sky.Exellent:o)

Angie said...

Hi Craver,
These are just beautiful, both of them. In my opinion, you're a definite asset to Sky Watch so don't leave it too long between visits, will you!

Anne said...

Nice and funny.

Daniel Chérouvrier said...

So beautiful colors

TR Ryan said...

Fantastic colors!!! Great capture.

Petunia said...

Both pictures are beautiful! Well done!

Anonymous said...

Nice tree LOL! I love your photos anyway especially with the bright red of the sky. Great shots!

Daryl said...

these are just great

Luiz Santilli Jr said...

Beautiful sky! Very beautiful!

Marvelous colors!

Santilli from Brazil

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos!

Misty DawnS said...

These are both beautiful photos. I'm glad you told me about the flood lights, I was wondering how that entire tree was green ;-) What a very neat and one-of-a-kind effect!

Patty said...

Love the photos.

Yolanda said...

I love the last shot the best.Such beautiful colors.

david mcmahon said...

Lovley shots, Craver

Great to see you had a camera with you on both occasions.

Wonderful colours each time

donsands said...

I don't like 'em.






Just kiddin'.
I love sunsets, and sunrises, although the sun is not really setting and rising.

Have a lovely Lord's Day. Jesus is what beauty is all about.

Luiz Santilli Jr said...

For this pilot, the horizon is always down...

Look.

Santilli

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

this are wonderfull captured trees I really like it!

Please visit my skywatch Friday, and enjoy your weekend too!
Greetings from JoAnn Holland

Jo's-D-Eyes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Halfmom, AKA, Susan said...

wonderful pictures, as always, Craver!

Travis said...

Wonderful colors captured here. Excellent.

Anonymous said...

WoW..some very beautifully captured shots!