Wednesday, March 05, 2008

true north

When, in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one person to spend less time doing one thing for the sake of another,

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are generally given the same twenty-four hours in a day. And prioritization is key as there will be some desirable things that cannot be attended to.

Such has been the patient sufferance of one or more of that which I claim to be a priority. They have been sacrificed here and there for the sake of blog surfing.

.

Therefore, the time has come to make a course adjustment. I don't know how it will play out exactly, whether blogging comments, visits or posts, but the bottom line is that I have decided to shorten the time I spend on this which has been a great pleasure to me. Whether we manage time well or mismanage it, we each only have 24/7 at our disposal.

.

Well, what do you know! America's founding fathers were so moved by the phrasing of this post that they patterned the Declaration of Independence after it. I'm blushing, Gentlemen; stop it!

12 comments:

mommanator said...

I shortened my time awhile ago, cause I just don't have as much free time as I used to.Plus I wanted to devote more time to scripture. It won't hurt, I promise

Unknown said...

ha ha.

orneryswife said...

i pray the Lord will lead you to the posts that will minister to your heart and where you may also be a blessing to someone else through your comments. Relationships take time, but then so does everything worthwhile in life. You are right that we all have the same 24/7 with which to work and play. Just know you will be welcome at Miller Manor whenever you show your face!
TM

Pete Juvinall said...

Don't be a stranger... :)

Lin said...

Craver, I've had to do very much the same. As time quickens, you have to constantly remember your original priorities. I surely won't be the one to fault you on that!

Craver Vii said...

Thanks for the encouragement, y'all!

Anonymous said...

well, kiddo.
i can very much understand.
God bless you.

Llama Momma said...

Good for you, Craver. This is not an easy thing, this cutting back. But it's a good thing.

Blessings to you, brother.

imac said...

Yup, I know where you coming from Craver11.
I myself have cut a little time from blogging.

Lara said...

Will miss seeing your frequent comments, but I totally understand, having done the same in the past few months myself.

Btw I love the way you worded this post!

Shammickite said...

I'm gonna miss you, so I hope you'll drop in to the Rook's Nest once in a while.

Marcus Goodyear said...

We've all been there or we're headed there. Do what you need to do. We'll have plenty of time to catch up.