Wednesday, June 04, 2008

four-a flora

(Please accept my apologies for today's awkward formatting. I couldn't easily lay it out the way I had originally planned.)

.

Thunderstorms and thunder showers are predicted well into the next ten days with occasional light rain. That was yesterday's forecast. That means soccer practice was cancelled, fishing prospects look unlikely and yard work is out of the question. Let's see what we can do to get a boost in this bleak situation. Here, I posted flowers that I photographed last week. I'm not sure what they're called, but I really like the pink one. The other three are clematis, right?

.

Against all odds, the weather cleared up last night, so I took D2 and visited the closest fishing spot. I think she was disappointed that we didn't do much talking. Quality time is probably not her primary love language. I should bring a gift home for her. Even if it's a little trinket, she likes receiving and giving gifts.

6 comments:

lime said...

oh i just love the shot of the columbine. that's one of my favorite flowers.

you're wise to pay attention to what motivates your kids.

david mcmahon said...

Nice shots, Sir Craver. Hope the fishing expedition went well.

Send some rain this way - please!

Carletta said...

Very nice Craver! Love the different colors.

That little birdie below is an awesome catch - great job!

dot said...

We need some of that rain also.
Pretty colors, pretty flowers!

Ted M. Gossard said...

Yes, the rain. Us too.

But it does green things up. Glad you could have some quality time with D2, and surely that's a gift in itself, as well.

Craver Vii said...

Oh Lime, I think I struck a chord with her, because last night, she wanted to show me how she remodeled her doll house. Frankly, I would rather submit to waterboarding, but I should probably TRY to show interest.

I wish I could share the rain, David. As far as fishing is concerned, I still have a perfect record... ZERO! That's okay, I still enjoy hanging out with my kids and messing with the different lures and trying new techniques.

Carletta, since I told David McMahon he could have some of this rain, would you forward any extra of your rain to our friend Dot?

There you go, Dot. Carletta will usher rain clouds your way. I'm glad you like the flowers.

Sorry Ted, you'll have to wait a bit for the rain. ;-) Nice photo of you, Deb and Cleo.