Thursday, January 10, 2008

hair apparent

.

My son Levi is still not speaking to me.

.

That was a poor joke. His jaw is wired shut for another week or so, and he IS able to speak a little, albeit through clenched teeth. He will still take emails if you are inclined to jot a note to him. I will forward his emails from my own:

.

craverseven(at)aol(dot)com

.

Anyhoo...

He and I were beginning to cast a long shadow with all that hair we had, so I grabbed the clippers and sheared us both. Then I looked down as I scooped the tufts together, and noticed how different they appear. His is lighter, thinner and straighter. It's so obvious now that I look at it, but you might not expect the clumps a father and son's hair to be so distinct.

.

Each of our four kids is so different from each other, and from us as well. And yet, in some ways, people instantly recognize them as ours, and make comments like, "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree."

.

This got me thinking: I have been following Jesus for half of my natural life. I hope to increasingly take on characteristics of my heavenly Father every day.

4 comments:

Craver Vii said...

I would have liked to put a frame around that picture. (sigh) Oh well.

Shammickite said...

It's never too late to get framed!
So poor Levi's jaw is still in bondage, I hope all will be well when he finally gets freed.

Ornery Dave said...

Thanks for visiting my blog: "Ornery by Nature"

I too, enjoyed the perspective of these particular shots.

Thanks,
Ornery

Unknown said...

I've always wondered about the verse that says that God has even the hairs of our head numbered...especially on hair cut days.