Tuesday, January 29, 2008

astronomical anomaly

aka celestial snafu

.

Are the moon and sun appearing at the correct times around the world? The reason I ask, is because sometimes they get snagged in trees on their ascent or descent over my town.

.

I overheard someone talking about whether the sun was "bright" on a particular day. That's silly; the sun is ALWAYS bright! The sun is always "out," too. You see, the sun only appears to run a circuit across your sky, but in truth, the earth rotates. Shocking, right? Thus, it is never "in;" it's always out. And about the brightness, sometimes clouds...

9 comments:

L.L. Barkat said...

I like that poetic line about the celestial lights becoming snagged in the trees.

Pete Juvinall said...

Cool shots - how's the snow up there? :)

Halfmom, AKA, Susan said...

yes, brightness would definitely be the issue to be discussed - about many things

Craver Vii said...

Poetic? Thanks, LL.

Pete, it's c-c-c-cold! And kinda dry, if you can imagine that. I like it that way, because it's light for shoveling.

Halfmom, you stumped me. If we were face to face, I would say something like, "What." a la Vinnie Barbarino.

imac said...

One clever post
two great photos.

My ABC is now up.
also next post =they are real

imac said...

go click on my purple link to see the womles.

david mcmahon said...

Dunno (scratches bare toe in red Outback dust) - I'm not very bright meself!!!

Halfmom, AKA, Susan said...

the sun's brightness, peoples' brightness - sometimes it's all hidden under some clouds - now if the wind would just sweep away the clouds from a few minds (souls) I know - I would be a happy camper.

orneryswife said...

Too much thinkin' going on over there at Craver's place! Interesting post!
TM