Wednesday, April 30, 2008

dandelawns

Several people have posted pictures of dandelions. This is how I like to see them. I'm having a problem with clovers, too. I wish so badly that I could just start all over, because that is the only way I can possibly win the battle this year!

.

But do you know what? I haven't mowed my lawn yet. Shame on me! I raked, overseeded, pulled weeds, sharpened the mower blade, but no cut yet. I hope I can do it Friday night.

.

Part of my excuse is soccer... which I L.O.V.E!! We have soccer practice two nights a week and games on Saturdays, and that little bit, combined with the one-car-family downgrade, and a new school schedule for one of the kids, etc., I barely have time to sneeze, let alone groom the front lawn! My only solace in this hectic rat-race is tearing these nasty, evil weeds out of the earth.

13 comments:

Llama Momma said...

That's a nifty looking gadget! Might make a good father's day gift for Llama Papa!

dot said...

Funny! I just took a picture of one today.

Anonymous said...

More than anything I liked the contrast !!

All the best for your mowing plans.

david mcmahon said...

They ain't such dandy lions, hey! Hope you're feeling better and I'm glad the baptism was great.

david mcmahon said...

.... and a wonderful post title - dandelawns!!

Shammickite said...

That's a very useful looking anti-dandelion tool, I wonder where I could get one just like that?

Lara said...

I agree with David - great title!

Anonymous said...

I agree with LM - cool tool. What would one call that if one wanted to pick one up at the store?

lime said...

but...but...but...a world without dandelions is a world without muddy little hands bringing sunny bouquets to mommies!

mommanator said...

Ya know I am mused about the dandelions here in la. the flower is somewhat different- almsot look like straw flowers. Had to look at for severa mins to figure out what they were- Now if you were in Vineland NJ you could go to the dandelion wine festival and really have a ball!

Craver Vii said...

This weed pulling gadget of mine came from Menards. I have seen another one that I liked better, but I never saw that other one in the store. You ought to be able to find something comparable at the lawn care section of a Home Depot or any one of these big tool stores.

(lol) I'm glad you guys liked the title!

A world without dandelions could possibly have an even less desirable substitute. For now, I just tell all the neighborhood kids that my wife likes those pretty yellow flowers, and encourage them to pick as many bouquets as they can!

orneryswife said...

With the careful conscious attention to organic living we have paid this year, we are not adding weed killer or fertilizer to our yard any more. If your problem is only a dandy or twenty, consider a whole lawn full of a large variety of weeds! I've heard clover makes an excellent lawn that requires minimal mowing. Why not go au naturale? :-)
TM

Unknown said...

Buy rabbits-they love to eat dandelions and clover!