Wednesday, June 11, 2008

lettuce play

butterhead, iceberg, summer crisp...

I'm a fiddler. (Not the violin type.) What I mean is, I like to "fiddle" with props when talking to people. Chet and Donna kept me cracking up while I conditioned a napkin with potato chip grease, passing the crumpled wad back and forth like an amateur magician. So, between my hands I tossed it, flicked it, squished it, and at one point I even launched it at Donna. Biff!

.

My hands would not tolerate this sudden vacuum, so I picked up my wife's camera. A camera-shy Donna covered her head with the napkin. I wish I could show you the shot I took of her hiding... under a napkin! It was a comical paper babushka.

.

Later, someone whipped the napkin back at me, so I played with it even more, until it rested on the table. Fatigued from all the previous activity, it lay very, very still. Carefully then, I picked up the camera. Here is the photo. It looks like it was impersonating a head of lettuce; what do you think?

12 comments:

Craver Vii said...

A post about a napkin? Sure! It's good, clean fun. ;-)

Llama Momma said...

Llama Papa is a fiddler too. Drives me nuts, actually.

(And did you just post a comment on your own blog?)

Craver Vii said...

(blushing)

It was a tintiddle.

Carletta said...

You are too much my friend!
I saw that lettuce and kept reading and reading and waiting for the explanation - smiles!

lime said...

cute but i wanna see the paper babushka!

Anonymous said...

it really does look like lettuce!

Anonymous said...

Okay, seriously. I glanced at the title, and then the picture and thought - wow that's really bright green butter leaf lettuce. Then I read your post and wondered why you were talking about napkins. Then when I finally realized what was going on, I looked at the picture again and realized my brain and eyes had deceived me! The power of suggestion won out. I bet LL could write something really profound about that.

mommanator said...

you are a sick pup!

Craver Vii said...

"Too much," Carletta? Can you imagine my poor wife and kids who are incessantly subject to these kinds of groaners?

Okay Lime. I doubt she'll let me post it, but I'll ask her this weekend for permission. (Of course, if she declines, I'll honor her request.)

NaNcY it looked even more like lettuce in the camera's little viewer!

I suggest that made my day, spaghettipie! [subliminal encoded message: Have a nice day.]

You flatter me, Mommanator. Arf, arf!

david mcmahon said...

Lettuce pray.

Mate, I'm still chuckling at the comment you left on my recent post about the nuns!

Maggie May said...

Well it sure looks like a lettuce> Wanted to see the babushka & the paper napkin!

Hilary said...

A napkin post.. how.. absorbing! ;)

Lettuce just say that David sent me.