Monday, October 05, 2009

ladybug

What a funny looking turtle! From the back especially, this ladybug looks like a small turtle, making its way across a sandy beach.

.

Sandy beach. Hmmm. Can you believe the rough texture of my car?!! Plus, the sides have fancy reddish markings near the wheel wells. No, not painted flames, but rust. It gives the car a certain character, don'tcha think? Folks, you can't get this kind of detail by washing and waxing too frequently, nor by babying the vehicle like parking inside a garage. No, I leave it outside and try to avoid soap and wax, so that it now doubles as sandpaper and beach-backdrops for sojourning insects. Ain't I clever that way?

.

Why are you looking at me that way? ...And why is the ladybug looking at me that way? Notice that cockeyed glare? Sheesh! Now even the bugs are critical of my jokes!

8 comments:

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Craver: Sometimes I get very afraid, especially when I get your jokes. That was a neat close-up and cool the way you threw the sand on your car for the shot.

Pastor Dave said...

your car wouldn't happen to be a volkswagon beetle would it?

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

You are going to have to polish up on your jokes my friend. :) Cute bug there.

Anonymous said...

she is very pretty, good shot.

mommanator said...

very funny! I would have never guessed it was your car! wow, you are so easy on cars!

Craver Vii said...

Yeah, I like to roll my car around in the sand for camouflage, Fishing Guy. It's a little hard on the suspension, but totally worth it. :-D

That would have been so cool for this post Mr. Dave, but I don't think I could ever own a VW bug.

"Polish." Verrry funny Joan.

Ain't she though, nAncY? I love the way it's head tilted.

So nice to see you back around Mommanator! I know the car is gritty, but it's got a lot of miles on it, so I take more pride in the odometer than the finish. The Chicago area is hard on cars, especially ones that aren't garage kept.

Wendy said...

What a nice picture! Very nicely done :)

lime said...

that is one adorable ladybug. i can't even imagine what sh'ed think if she crawled across my van, gracie the bondo queen.