Thursday, September 01, 2011

refreshment

It's hot and muggy again 'round these parts. We could use something refreshing.

.

The search for a replacement camera is exasperating! I feel like I can get close enough to feel excited about an option... and then the rug of opportunity gets pulled from under my feet. That, and a few other things have left me weary. I find myself wanting refreshment fulfilled from things or people. I must be careful about that, because in truth, I have many things to be thankful for. And there is a higher source of refreshment than my circumstances and surroundings.

.

Blessed is the man

who walks not in the counsel of the wicked,

nor stands in the way of sinners,

nor sits in the seat of scoffers;

but his delight is in the law of the LORD,

and on his law he meditates day and night.

Psalm 1:1-2

6 comments:

imac said...

Just commented on face book my friend.

Great shot, its the photographer not the camera that makes the photo, altho, it does help.lol.

George said...

I completely agree with Mac. You've shared a great photo, and I'm confident you'll find the right replacement camera for you.

happyone said...

Just the right camera is waiting for you out there. : )
I too think it's a great photo.

Shammickite said...

Your prevoius bloggers have said exactly what I intended to say, that is a really nice detailed photo, so you don't really need an expensive new camera do you????

DeniseinVA said...

I think this photo is wonderful.

Craver Vii said...

That is what they say, Imac. For me, it is more than a pretty picture. I enjoy messing around with the settings, trying different lighting ideas, etc. Our compact p&s does not let me play and explore the way I want to.

George, this was posted on Thursday, and on Friday, I think I found the one I want to use. Right now, I'm waiting for the postman to deliver it.

Happyone, see the comment I wrote to George... I'm pretty excited!

"Need?" Well, no; you're right. I do not "need" a DSLR or any other camera, really. Shammy, the most difficult part of this experience has been coming to terms with the idea that I might not replace the camera at all. I have to take a deep breath and try to relax as I say those words. The very thought of being camera-less makes me shudder. ;-)

To my great delight, it came out much sharper than I expected, Denise.

Hey, you know what I just noticed? Three of you have English accents. That's more than half! Neat!