Wednesday, September 24, 2014

railroad

railroad

September 24, 2014


This week's challenge selection is railroad by Fishing Guy.  Check out my pals for their interpretations on this theme: Fishing Guy, Katney, Imac, Lew, and Christine Anne.

 I live near Chicago, where I could be certain to find large railroad yards with rich geometry going on for a black & white urbanscape with good potential. The thing is, it didn't take long, after moving to the suburbs, that my impression of that great city stimulated inklings of claustrophobia. I do not like how they park, how they drive and I no longer feel at-homeness there. I chose instead to stay away from big tracks and focus on our town's little choo-choo. This vehicle is brought to special events around town, and they give small children (& a parent) free rides. It goes nice and slow, and the whole experience is, in a word, pleasant.

The two pics below were on a Saturday, around a pond, at the village's Performing Arts Center. The header was from a Sunday parade. This town is 49 years old... same age as me! And we are both looking forward to turning 50 next year.

In other news, local authorities are closing in their prime suspect in the great railroad caper. They believe it is a Mexican, because he has a... loco motive.





7 comments:

Katney said...

What fun. Our town is not big enough for something like this. How big is your city?

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

What a neat ride Craver, certainly didn't thing anyone would go this way.

Craver Vii said...

Bolingbrook is at approximately 74,000.

Lew said...

Nicely done! And a fun way to take a train ride.

heritagemom said...

*groan* on that pun. My guys would love it, though, lol! Love your take on the theme--surprising and very nicely done. :)

George said...

I really like your railroad photos. This is a great take on the theme.

happyone said...

What fun and such a colorful train. : )