Friday, December 28, 2007

McMahonimal house

It was a good time for those of us who attended *David McMahon's Great Aussie Christmas Bash. He collects quite a crowd, and I hope he hosts another party some time. Thank-you, David!

.

I enjoyed the opportunity to make new friends through light (and free) entertainment. It was a virtual party. He provided a basic platform for introductions, where a person said what they were bringing, but from there, we were free to launch into a fictional frat house if we wanted.

.

Some lurked. (We know you're out there.) Some kept to the polite introductions. Some were zany and way out there.

.

This kind of experiment has gone over quite nicely with the blog jacking that has taken place here on occasion, as well as at *LLBarkat's. But if you want to see the crazies in full bloom, you'll want to go over to *Martin Stickland's. Occasionally they get a bit coarse for my taste, but they're great folks and his community has this psychotic social club thing down to a science. I love 'em!

.

* means they're in my sidebar

.

(Here are some examples. Feel free to offer suggestions.)

.

place to play

.

blog-jacking humor

.

Here's my original hijacked post: legislating morality

5 comments:

Mary said...

I came to the party late but still enjoyed myself. David warned me to keep the eggnog away from you.

By the way, did you know Silk makes eggnog now? I saw it at the store but forgot to buy some to try it. I need to get some before they leave until next year.

imac said...

I twas a weez of a party. enjoyed meeting you too and have posted your cards off today.

Happy new year.


see my skywatch and
Breaking News - now up

Ted M. Gossard said...

Yes, we need good humor. We can laugh in such a sad world, because God is sovereign, and in the end all is well, and in the meantime he's working his purpose out. We live in a living hope.

And because of all that, we can and should laugh, probably more than we do- though I know some of us can go overboard on about anything good.

Thanks for your humor too, Craver. You have a good sense of it. And Martin does make me crack up (for me anyhow) at times.

Llama Momma said...

Ah, such happy memories! (That really is a pretty good pot roast recipe...)

orneryswife said...

It was indeed a lovely party. It was fun and different from any I have ever attended before. We'll have to do it again sometime.
TM